With the new year comes new resolutions, and creating this post on this website is one of them! I’ve created this website, with the help of the glorious blogdown package, to achieve some analysis goals. There is really only one goal and that is to LEARN TO DO ANALYSIS! But I’ve broken down that goal into smaller parts for the sake of over planning:
My #RStats goals for 2019:— Lance Harris (@lancer_harris) December 30, 2018
1. Complete 2 @DataCamp courses a week
2. Apply what I am learning with projects
3. Write about my learnings with a website made with #blogdown
4. Focus on learning for myself and not for $
On this website I intend to write up my reflections on the courses I take, the projects I involve myself in, and the studying techniques I invoke. Each week I hope to have up at least a single new post. This is going to be difficult for a slew of reasons, here are a few:
- I have to learn blogdown and git (I’ve already embarked on these with the creation of this site!)
- I don’t know how to write and, like the analysis, I’m going with the learn and post as I go approach.
- I’m not used to putting myself out there. This is the biggest obstacle for me and if your reading this is how surprised at myself I am
Though the Journey of building and updating this site will be difficult, I believe that it will be worthwhile even if only I get use from it since it will help me reflect on and retain the knowledge that I’ve gathered, boost my confidence, and I’ll have learned some sweet skills along the way.